PitchFest is back for its 2nd year!
About the EFIB 2017 PitchFest
Now in its second year at EFIB, PitchFest is a session featuring innovative, early-stage SMEs focused on commercialising new solutions to boost the EU bioeconomy.
The objective of this programme, which will form part of a dedicated track session on Finance and Investment on 11 October 2017, is to help raise awareness of investment opportunities in industrial biotech solutions whilst facilitating entrepreneurialism and creating a supportive environment for SMEs to help their business grow and innovate.
It will provide an opportunity for SMEs to deliver an ‘elevator pitch’ for their most promising products and processes to a panel of influential VCs in this space and to receive constructive feedback on how to maximise potential for investment.
3f Bio Ltd were voted 'best pitch' in 2016. Here's what they have to say about being involved:
"By providing...introductions and exposure to a strong panel of venture capitalists and industrial leaders, this prepared 3f for a funding round which we subsequently completed in June of 2017. This experience was effective for the private funding process, but equally helped in preparation for public funding and award application, and we are delighted to have confirmed two grants in 2017 (IBioIC and InnovateUK), and to have been nominated for the Netherland’s Postcode Lottery Green Challenge 2017.
For 3f, our ongoing commercial activities rely on an expanding network of strategic and operational relationships and partnerships, and the PitchFest experience combined with a range of contacts from the IB community continues to help this.
We would like to wish all of the applicants to this year’s process every success, and recommend PitchFest as an excellent opportunity to help your businesses grow and innovate."
Format of the PitchFest
- The PitchFest will take place as part of the Finance and Investment session on the morning of 11 October 2017 (8h55-10h45) at the Square in Brussels.
- The pitches will be approx. 5 minutes each.
- There will be Q&A from the audience after each presentation followed by feedback from the investor judges
- One pitcher will be named as ‘best pitch’ which will be voted for by those attending the session via a poll on the EFIB event app.
- Pitch winners will be featured in EuropaBio’s newsletter and will have their achievements publicised via social media and by supporting partners.